All children have limitless joyful curiosity and
capacity for reaching their potential.
By tapping the intrinsic motivation and curiosity of every child, we deliver higher than usual growth.
The Level Up Academy curriculum reflects the significant needs of students from the entire spectrum of learning requirements and is documented and tracked for each student through personalized learning plans. Curriculum mapping is done by the teachers within the Teacher Professional Practice to ensure alignment with state standards.
While parts of the curriculum consist of online leveled games and the use of the digital platform instructional and assessment tools, the teacher and student explore multiple approaches to achieve these goals.
In language arts and other activities where experimentation, reading and writing on paper are still the best method for learning, traditional classroom manipulatives, books and paper will be used as well.
The teachers collectively choose behavior and classroom management systems designed to create an engaging school community based on respect and empathy. Responsive Classroom, Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), ENVoY and other best practice methods will be reviewed and considered.
The grades we serve begin in Kindergarten and go through middle school. We have small class sizes and students have high teacher contact in comparison to traditional schools. Our classrooms are not typical age-graded classrooms. Every class with the exception of Kindergarten, are blended grades. It's one of the beauties of personalization!
Link to: Helpful Documents
- Our school day starts at 9:15 am and ends at 3:30 pm
- Building Doors open at 9 a.m. and close at 3:45 p.m.
- Buses are dismissed at 3:30
- We have before and after-school care programming
- Office Hours are 8 am to 4 pm
- We provide hot lunch with a gluten free option or you may bring your own
- We follow the White Bear Lake district calendar
- Transportation is provided at no cost by White Bear Lake schools to students who live within district boundaries. Click this link for more details regarding school busing boundaries.
- If you live outside of district boundaries, you can drop off your child at a bus stop within the district.
- We provide services to all students, including those with IEPs and 504 plans.
- We do not have uniforms, but there is a dress code policy.
- Classes sizes are small - current year maximum classroom size is at 23 students.